We will come to your location and conduct an annual inspection in accordance with the City of Chicago and Suburban requirement codes. This is a thorough examination of the exit/emergency light's functional condition, batteries and light bulbs. Key elements of an exit/emergency inspection include:
When the inspection is completed there could be recommendations for corrective action where needed such as replacing batteries and/or bulbs. If an exit sign/emergency light passes inspection there is an additional service of $7 per unit for a Emergency Light Certification tag. Your Exit/Emergency light will then be code compliant for one year and will be tracked in our system for the next annual inspection.
- Inspect the exit/emergency light to determine physical damage and whether it is in satisfactory condition.
- Perform a push test to verify the unit illuminates.
- Ensure the exit/emergency light are placed properly.
- Verify unit is operational and functioning as designed.
- Perform a test to ensure unit illuminates for 90 minutes as required by code.
- Clean all battery terminal and leads to ensure proper voltage flow.
- Provide preventive maintenance to extend battery and bulb life.