We will come to your location and conduct a semi-annual inspection in accordance with the City of Chicago and Suburban requirement codes. This is a thorough examination of the kitchen hood suppression system's functional condition and keeping it code complaint in accordance with required code. Key elements of a kitchen hood suppression system inspection include:
- Inspect the system for visible sign that the system has been fired, tampered or leaked.
- Check and clean system components for proper operation.
- Inspect gas valve operation and gas valve shutoff function.
- Installing currently dated fusible links when required.
- Inspect visual cylinder condition and verify hydrotest date for cylinder.
- Inspect and test pull station.
- Weight cylinder cartridge and replace when required.
- Inspect all nozzles and verify their proper aim, blockage and presence of blow-off caps.
- Inspect for any change in hazard area that might affect performance of fire suppression system.
- Change tamper seal and tag suppression system as required.
When the inspection is completed there could be recommendations for corrective action where needed such as repairing the suppression system, replacing parts and hydro test of system cylinders. Any additional item or replacement part needed for suppression system will be charged extra. If a suppression system passes an inspection, we will put the certification tag on the system. Your kitchen hood suppression system will then be code compliant for six months and will be tracked in our system for the next semi-annual inspection.